• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Antzuola

Antzuola Art

Art

E-mail Print PDF
1. CHURCHES AND PARISH CHURCHES


uzarrag_51. Uzarraga church

Despite the fact that the www.eassons.com outside of http://b2ten.com/female-levitra this ancient church which, legend would have it, belonged to the Templars, is in a deplorable condition, the most interesting feature resides in the interior of what was Antzuola’s first parish church:
- Altarpiece, from Antxieta’s school, fashioned by his student Jerónimo de Larrea in the 17th Century.
- 7th Century ivory cross sent by one of the Urrutia farmhouse offspring living in Mexico.

 

santageda2. Santa Ageda ermitage

The 13th Century image of Saint Ann, stolen in 1984, has been recently recovered. Although this hermitage was dedicated in ancient times to look there rx online levitra San Llorente –San Lorenzo or Saint Lawrence– its current patron saint is viagra label'>viagra label Santa Águeda. Its celebrations, held on February 5, involve the blessing of bread and visit web site cialis from india seeds.



sanblas4. San Blas ermitage

This hermitage, the patron saint of which is famous for curing throat troubles, stands on viagra dosage'>viagra dosage the piece of land known as Olotz. In ancient times, according to related documents, it was dedicated to Santa Engracia, or Santa Engracia de Olotz. The festivities in honour of San Blas are held on February 3, on which the faithful normally come along with a special loaf of cerensansal.com bread made especially on this day to be blessed. The hermitage has 16th Century windows. On one facade there is a window at which to leave shoes, etc. Inside is a “U”-shaped crown which, while typical of the period, is now only rarely found.

 

gurutzeak5. The Calvary Crosses

Dating from the http://voidware.com/cialis-viagra 18th Century, these crosses are Baroque in style. The most interesting cross is the one in the centre, with its signs of the Passion. Tradition would have it that if we walk three times round this cross with its blessed figure or the guardian of the Antigua Hermitage, kissing the cock each time, that children will have no problems learning to walk. These crosses are to be found opposite the Antigua Hermitage, on the other side of the street. There are also another two crosses on the walls of Kalegoi.

 

antigua6. Antigua hermitage

A magnificent 16th Century figure of Our Lady corresponding to this temple is now to levitra tablets'>levitra tablets be found in San Sebastian.

 

 

 

 

parrokia7. Parish Church of viagra online without prescription'>viagra online without prescription Nuestra Señora de la Piedad

Although construction on this building was started in the 16th Century, it didn’t take on its current appearance until the 19th Century. The decoration is very simple, with no adornment, except for the Baroque entrance door. Inside, the altarpiece thought to be neoclassic (18th century) was built with the contributions sent from Mexico by Francisco de Iraeta e http://theabgb.com/generic-viagra-next-day-delivery Ibarra. The marble is thought to be from Izarraitz (Azpeitia, Azkoitia).
The left-hand altar, once home of San Bartolomé, now houses a 14th Century image of Our Lady.

 

sanbartolome8. Belfry of San Bartolomé Hermitage

San Bartolomé Hermitage stood in this spot until the 70s. The figure of Our Lady housed in this hermitage is now to be found in the 14th Century parish church.

 

 

 

2. THE ANTZUOLA MILLS


altzarte1. Altzarte or Errotabarri

The first name of this mill standing in the town wasn’t “Altzarte”, but “Lapaça”. In 1573, due to an exchange, its new owner, Sebastián López de Ozaeta, gave it the name of “Alçarte”, first mentioned in 1587.
This mill stands in the area known as Bidebarrieta.
It also appears with the name of Errotaberri in1720, although it was similarly known as Altzarte.

 

lizarraga2. Akinibai or Lizarraga

This mill standing in the Lizarraga district has had several names: Errota-Abaro and Laskurain-Cia, among others.
It stands by the cialis en gel house called Erreka-ondo (house next to the river). Built in the 19th Century, it belonged to Francisco Laskurain’s father, José Laskurain Larrea.
As far as we know, the mill was initially built to serve as an energy generator, hence the turbine; however, having noted that it could also function as a mill, both systems were installed. In 1927 the mill became the property of Francisco Laskurain.


antigua3. Antigua


The first reference to this mill dates back to the 16th Century, and more precisely to http://npswu.org/buy-pfizer-viagra-online 1592.
Initially known as “Galardi”, it has been called both names, Antigua or Galardi, since 1720.

 

 

3. REMARKABLE DISTRICTS AND BUILDINGS IN ANTZUOLA

sanjose1. San Jose


It would seem that the foundational stone of Saint Joseph was laid on 15th May 1929, the same year of its inauguration. The image is follow link cialis australia bronze and was made by the Parisian house, Raffl. The figure measures three metres in height, while the pedestal weighs 2,000 kilos and measures 10 metres in height.

 

 

zurrategi2. The Plaza Zurrategi Tanner


On 4th July 1998 a tribute was paid to one of the town’s most important trades with the erecting of lowest price viagra'>lowest price viagra a bronze monument to the tanners.

 

 

 

kalegoi3. Kalegoi

At number 3, is the ancient butcher’s or Txasionekoa, Baroque like the Town Hall, dating from the 18th Century, and similarly designed by the above-mentioned Martín de Carrera. The wooden balconies, although in deplorable condition, are still visible. On the walls of the surrounding houses we can see the Calvary Crosses. Making our way upwards, towards number 9, we will come to Montxonekoa House, with boulders forming part of the doorway. On observing numbers 11-13 (Migelenekoa and Txasiozarrekoa), we will see that they are Gothic, from the 15th and 16th Centuries, making them the oldest houses in town.


plaza_berria
4. The Square

Baroque art typical of the Basque Country abounds in the square. Here we find the Town Hall, designed by the great architect from Gipuzkoa, Martín de Carrera, bearing the levitra soft village coat of arms, on one part of which are the half moons which, according to tradition, were won from the Arabs at the battle of Valdejunquera. This event is recalled with the Arms Parade held as part of the town festivities each third week in July.

On the right-hand side – number 6 – and dating from the same period, is Bizkalatza House. On the left-hand side of the Town Hall – number 16 – is Goenaga House, with its noble coat of arms on one corner, reading “Armas de Goenaga” (Weapons of Goenaga), and a beautiful Baroque figure. Near here, at no. 2, is the ancient house of the Goenaga family, now known as “Ostatukoa”, on the facade of which we can read the inscription: “Joseph Ygnacio de Goenaga lo hizo. Año 1763” (“Made by Joseph Ygnacio de Goenaga. 1763). Likewise forming part of the square is the beautiful fountain from the same period, which could well be the work of theworldisourblackboard.info the above-mentioned Carrera. Behind, Olaran House, and to the right the municipal pelota court.


udaletxea5. Town Hall

A Baroque structure dating from the 18th Century. The Alto Deba area has a number of town halls in the same style.
One interesting feature is the 18th Century town coat of arms, part of which refers to the Valdejunquera battle. On the lower part of the coat of arms is the village flag.

 

ondarre6. Ondarra

At no. 3 of this square is Amarrendegiko etxea, or Tithe House, with its traditional 17th -18th Century Navarra-style architecture. This is where the locals paid the corresponding tithes to the church.


 

 

ugartetorre7. Ugartetorre

This 17th Century house has an interesting roof structure. Likewise worthy of mention is its impressive coat of arms.

 

 

 

iriarteazpikoa8. Iriarteazpikoa

The front of the house is very pretty, with a vertical wooden structure filled with bricks. The lintel is btlalpha.org impressive, with masonry pillars. Documents would have it that this building dates from the 17th Century.

 

 

olaran9. Olaran

This is the former 16th Century site of Etxeandi or Galarditorri house, which remained standing until the early 20th Century.

 

 

 

torresoroa10. Torresoroa

2008ko urriaren 13an inauguratu zen ofizialki Torresoroa eraikina. Bertan osasun eta gizarte zerbitzuez gain, kultura zerbitzuak ere eskaintzen dira. Bertan daude kokatuta eguneko zentroa, babespeko etxebizitzak eta jubilatuen egoitza. Gabon aurretxoan hasi zen liburutegi berria martxan, eta azkenik 2009ko martxoaren 15ean inauguratu zen areto multifuntzionala. Osakidetzako anbulategia ere bertan kokatuko da.

 

Izen emateak

Buletina jasotzeko

ANTZUOLAKO_DOINUA
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner